Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Kumon Center - Opening My Mind & Achieving My Dream

As you know, I have some pretty serious growth goals for 2010. Kumon, as a whole, is encouraging Instructors to increase enrollment at each Center to 200 students. I'm anxious to see how KNA will support instructors in reaching this number, but also know the ball is in my court in regard to increasing enrollment and profits at my Center.

I took some notes on an article I read, a while back, on how we tend to be our own worst enemy when it comes to achieving our dreams for our businesses. (Sorry, I took notes in a notebook and did not jot down the source. Shame on me!) Anyway, here's a bit of what I wrote and my current thoughts on this subject.

Read on, friends...

I am busy. I am trying to get a lot done. Sometimes my little, overloaded, brain goes to a "dark place" that limits my outcome and my opportunities before I even begin a project. I find myself setting expectations that are OK, rather than figuring out what it is I really want. Is what I really want "practical"? Has my focus on practicality (is that a word?) given me tunnel-vision in that I might not be seeing some "hidden" opportunities or buried treasures? Are those opportunies really hidden or am I ignoring them because I don't feel I have the tools to take advantage of them?

I think that if we approach a situation focused on what isn't possible, what we can't afford, or what might not occur, if we narrow our expectations because of our weight, our age, or "the economy", or anything else, we are almost guaranteed to have a very different outcome than if we approach a situation with our ultimate goal in mind.

If we don't allow ourselves to think about what we really want to achieve, it is easy to live in a world that is limited by our "practical mindset" or by expectations and limitations created by others. This prevents growth.

If we don't "remove our blinders", open our minds, and allow ourselves to explore what we really want, we might miss incredible possibilities. On the other hand, if we start a project with a vision of our true goal, it's not unusual to find the buried treasure and, sometimes, even the golden shovel to unearth it! Sometimes we actually find treasure that appears right before our eyes.

Reach for your dreams.
Don't limit yourself.
Remove your blinders and open your mind.
Achieve your full potential.

Ask yourself:
What would I do if I believed anything was possible?

~~~Miss Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment