Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Search for a Student Coordinator

As my Kumon Math & Reading Center continues to grow, I am faced with the challenge of creating a new staff position (Student Coordinator) and then finding the right person to fill it.

So... I posted the following ad on Craig's List on Monday night at 10:00pm:

STUDENT COORDINATOR
Kumon Math & Reading Center of Rio Rancho is currently accepting applications for the position of “Student Coordinator”. The primary functions of this part-time, entry-level position include all front office duties (student check-in, answering phones, parent communication, data entry) and worksheet management, as well as some community outreach opportunities.

The ideal candidate for this position will possess:
-a professional appearance and demeanor
-a friendly and positive attitude
-a commitment to both education and customer service
-strong communication skills with both children and adults
-unwavering attention to detail
-the ability to multi-task and work independently
-a willingness to learn about the Kumon program
-the patience of a Saint
-a sense of humor

Applicants for this position must be available to work on Mondays from 3:00-8:00, Wednesdays from 1:30-7:30, and Saturdays from 10:30-2:30. Additional hours may become available after training.

Applicants must be able to pass a complete background check.

Compensation: $8.00/hour

Please submit a letter of interest and resume to xxxxxx at xxxx dot com. Applications will accepted through January 13, 2010.

~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~

OK. I originally had an end date of January 22, but I had to change it. Why? By 10:00pm the next night I had TWENTY-TWO resumes in my inbox!!!

I'm glad that that so many people are interested in working at my Center. I am hopeful that the "just right" candidate in somewhere in the mix. But, goodness! It's like going into a 31-Flavors and having to choose only one scoop of ice cream...

Conducting interviews is NOT on my list of favorite things to do, but I know it is an important part of running my business. I will be sorting through the resumes this weekend and will be conducting interviews next week. I'll keep you posted on the process.

Do something amazing today~
~~~Miss Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment